Proactive quality measurement
The Aartesys service test system is based on the AMIRA Management System and supports the operator of telecommunication networks in various areas of service fulfilment and service assurance.
The functions for automated, proactive quality measurement by executing test calls to other system units of the AMIRA system or to IVRís or answering stations in national or international networks makes AMIRA a mature end-to-end test system for the monitoring of service availability and service performance. AMIRA delivers beside a clear indication of the quality of service of the network and the network transition points also parameters for the verification of SLAs between customers and operators.
Using automated test calls
The automated test calls are used for proactive measurement of different quality-relevant parameters in communication networks:
- End-to-end measurement of the service availability with various line interfaces and network technologies
- End-to-end measurement of quality parameters with different line interfaces and network technologies
- Connection test with evaluation of switching parameters
- End-to-end measurement of inband parameters
- Voice quality measurement and analysis
All test calls are logged b the system and stored on a central database.
Benefits of automated test calls
- Automated monitoring and alarming based on quality characteristics in networks
- Automated monitoring and alarming based on the availability of services
- Automated monitoring and alarming at network transition points
- Compilation of quality reports concerning network monitoring and trend analysis
- Compilation of availability and quality reports for proving service level agreements (SLAs)